Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mayawati regrets, appeals to maintain party dignity

Lucknow – Addressing to a gathering of BSP workers, UP Chief Minister Mayawati appealed them to maintain ‘dignity’ of the party and refrain from the activities that harm the party image. Referring to the recent event of killing of Public Works Department engineer M K Gupta by BSP MLA Shekhar Tiwari, she said that he did adhere to party principles. “I was shocked to know Tiwari asked for a contribution of Rs. 50 lack, especially since my birthday fund was running short only of 10,” she said in unusually sombre voice.

“While my sympathies go to the family of victim, I hope people of UP will understand that my birthday bash is an important state event, and sometimes over enthusiastic worker can torture government employees in most inhumane way to make them participate in the joyous moment.” Mayawati also requested party workers not to consider themselves above law. “Only people who are above law are me and group of party backed henchmen. I wish Tiwari had involved us. The group of henchmen is not only good at the job but they can also remove all traces of evidence,” she said regretfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment